Beechcraft AQM-37 Jayhawk. Specifications. A photo.
Beechcraft AQM-37 Jayhawk - US military drone, developed in 1961, the company «Beechcraft».
Beechcraft AQM-37 Jayhawk photo
Design UAV model Beechcraft AQM-37 Jayhawk was deployed by US experts in the field of aerospace technology in the middle of the last century, in particular, the project itself has become established in the year 1957, however, took four years to implement it. Despite the fact that by their standards unmanned aircraft has a high prospect, what is also evidenced by the fact that during the entire period of production of the company «Beechcraft» was built and sold more than 5 thousand of these drones, unmanned aerial vehicle Beechcraft AQM-37 Jayhawk has a very narrow scope of application, in particular, the UAV was used as the target used for the tests of modern systems and missile defense, as well as the implementation of training missile launches and others.
The first tests of the unmanned aircraft Beechcraft AQM-37 Jayhawk 1961 were held in the year, and due to the fact that the drone has successfully completed all required tests, the project was sent to the serial production.
The length of the unmanned aircraft Beechcraft AQM-37 Jayhawk is 4 27 meters centimeters, while the wingspan of this drone is just one meter. Due to a large enough mass, the launch drone Beechcraft AQM-37 Jayhawk performed either with a special frame, or else from the plane.
Powerplant unmanned drone Beechcraft AQM-37 Jayhawk presented liquid rocket engine Rocketdyne LR64-NA-4, which is able to develop traction in 3,78 kN, which in turn, provides maximum UAV flight speed of up to 4500 km \ h.
The following options are drones of the model:
- Beechcraft Model 1019 - The base case of an unmanned aircraft;
- Beechcraft Model 1072 - A modernized version of the version of Beechcraft Model 1019;
- Short Stiletto - An improved version of the drone Beechcraft Model 1072;
- Beechcraft Model 1088 - a special modification, designed for the armed forces of Italy;
- Beechcraft Model 1094 - The French version of the UAV;
- Beechcraft Model 1100 - A modified version of the system equipped with a parachute;
- Beechcraft Model 1101 - An improved version of Beechcraft Model 1100;
- Beechcraft Model 1102 - a special version of the drone;
- Beechcraft XKD2B-1 - A special version of the prototype UAV;
- Beechcraft KD2B-1 - The production version of the drone Beechcraft XKD2B-1;
- Beechcraft AQM-37A - Analogue version Beechcraft KD2B-1;
- Beechcraft AQM-37B - A modernized version of the version Beechcraft AQM-37A;
- Beechcraft AQM-37C - Modification of the US Navy created by the order;
- Beechcraft AQM-37D - An improved version of the drone, equipped with advanced avionics and electronics systems;
- Teledyne Ryan AQM-81A Firebolt - Variant with improved power plant;
- Teledyne Ryan AQM-81B - A modernized version of the drone Teledyne Ryan AQM-81A Firebolt;
- Beechcraft Q-12 - An improved version of the drone KD2B-1.
Specifications Beechcraft AQM-37 Jayhawk.
- Length: 4,27 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 1 m (depending on version).
- Height: 0,66 m (depending on version).
- Maximum takeoff weight: 280 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising flight speed: 2500 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 4500 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 180 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 30000 m (depending on version).
- aircraft engine Type: rocket;
- Powerplant: Rocketdyne LR64-NA-4 (depending on version);
- Power: 3,78 kN. (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation