Beagle Pup. Specifications. A photo.
Beagle Pup - small-engine aircraft manufactured by British-made for civilian and military aviation in the period on 1967 1970 year.
A photoBeagle Pup
Designing aircraft Beagle Pup began to lead in the middle of 60-ies of the last century, at the same time, the British aircraft manufacturers have taken as a basis for the military model, which has been adapted for use in both the military and civil aviation, that was the main reason for the promotion of the aircraft .
Unlike most of the previous models, the plane Beagle Pup received good aerodynamic shape that substantially altered its flight performance, making the most maneuverable at low flight speeds.
Beagle Pup Photo
His first flight of easy-motor aircraft Beagle Pup implemented in 1968 year, although the actual release of these aircraft began to conduct more in 1967 year. Over the entire period of production, which was very short-lived, 176 aircraft of this model, of which, according to the statistics at the end of the year 2013, 158 were in operation of aircraft was built.
Depending on the modification of the aircraft Beagle Pup, can accommodate from two to four people on board, including also a pilot, and, contrary to expectations, the aircraft also enjoyed little popularity in the commercial sector of civil aviation. The very same aircraft can travel distances of up to 1040 kilometers, which is suitable for air travel to local destinations.
As the power plant on the aircraft Beagle Pup, depending on the version and the version used by piston aircraft engines Rolls-Royce Continental O-200A capacity of 100 hp, Lycoming 0-320-A2B capacity of 150 hp and Lycoming 0-320-D2C capacity of 160 hp All operated power plants are sufficiently reliable, however, the version with installed engine power in 100 hp It has the disadvantage of a small flight speed, which is 204 km \ h. (Maximum speed).
During the entire production cycle of British aircraft manufacturers 4 basic version of the aircraft was built Beagle Pup, differing mainly power plant and a number of other minor technical improvements.
- Beagle Pup Series 1 (Pup 100) - Basic production version, is equipped with a piston engine Rolls-Royce Continental O-200A;
- Beagle Pup Series 2 (Pup 150) - Modified version with aircraft engine Lycoming 0-320-A2B;
- Beagle Pup Series 3 (Pup 160) - Modification of the powerplant equipped piston type Lycoming 0-320-D2C;
- Beagle Bulldog - The military version of a training plane. Only prototypes were built.
Specifications Beagle Pup.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 3 people (depending on version);
- aircraft Length: 6,99 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 9,45 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 2,29 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty aircraft: 447 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 278 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 725 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 187 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 204 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 1040 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 4480 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Rolls-Royce / Continental 0-200-A (depending on version);
- Power: 100 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation