Beagle B.206. Specifications. A photo.
Beagle B.206 - a twin-engine airplane of the British production, produced by «Beagle Aircraft Limited» between the 1964 and 1969 years.
A photoBeagle B.206
Work on designing Beagle B.206 aircraft began in the year 1960, in this case, British experts have developed the aircraft structure without any existing bases on other models Aircraft Corporation, in connection with which, thanks to the small size of the aircraft, it is a multi-purpose, and suitable for passenger transportation and for transportation.
His first flight of the aircraft Beagle B.206 committed in 1961 year, however, due to the design imperfection, the first prototype has undergone a series of changes that made it more spacious, and after a series of some of the tests, in 1964 year, this model came into production .
Beagle B.206 photo
Despite its small size, Beagle B.206 aircraft can accommodate on its board until 7 people, including one pilot and six passengers, thus, the aircraft can cover a distance of 2608 kilometers (maximum flight distance), which in turn makes it applicable for commercial operation that is carried out in real time. In addition, the aircraft can carry on his board and loads of total weight up to 1224 kg, which is also very actively used.
As the power plant on the Beagle B.206 model uses two piston aircraft engine Rolls-Royce Continental GTSIO-520-C, capable of developing a thrust of 340 hp one that provides maximum flight speed of the aircraft in 415 km \ h, making it fast enough and agile. Depending on the version, the power plant of the aircraft also underwent a number of changes, in particular, 10-local modifications more powerful engines, thus ensuring a high flight speed in spite of the increased load.
During the entire production period, including also prototyping, aware of 7 various versions of the aircraft, including:
- Beagle B.206X - The first prototype presented in 1961 year;
- Beagle B.206Y - The second prototype, different from the first advanced interior, reinforced fuselage and more powerful powerplant;
- Beagle B.206Z - The military version, designed for the transportation of 6 people;
- Beagle B.206R \ Basset CC.1 - The military version is designed both for use in the country and for export to other countries. 20 Built unit;
- Beagle B.206C \ Series 1 - 7-local civilian version of the aircraft. Built 11 aircraft;
- Beagle B.206S \ Series 2 - Modified civilian version, an improved interior, new seats and a number of other minor technical innovations. 45 Built unit;
- Beagle B.206 Series 3 - 10-seat version, equipped with a more powerful power plant.
Specifications Beagle B.206.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 6 people (depending on version);
- aircraft Length: 10,26 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 13,96 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 3,45 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty aircraft: 2177 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 1224 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 3401 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 351 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 415 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 2608 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 8260 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: 2 × Rolls-Royce Continental GTSIO-520-C (depending on version);
- Power: 2 × 340 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation