BAE Systems HERTI. Specifications. A photo.
BAE Systems HERTI - British multi-purpose military reconnaissance drone, developed in 2004, the company «BAE Systems».
BAE Systems HERTIa photo
Development of BAE Systems HERTI unmanned air vehicle model launched by British experts in the field of aviation and military aerospace technology in the early 2000-ies. Initially, the drone was intended to carry out tasks related to the exploration areas, carrying out patrol and observation flights, aerial photography and aerial survey area, but later, due to a modernization of the UAV, the device was used, and for a wide range of different tasks, for example to carry out special missions, as independent combat unit, and others.
Unmanned aerial vehicle has a very large dimensions, in particular if the drone fuselage length is 5 meters, the scale of this device is the wings 12 meters. In turn, it is important to clarify the fact that the UAV BAE Systems HERTI differs quite acceptable maneuverability, due primarily to a number of features of the drone designs that give UAVs good aerodynamic properties.
Powerplant UAV BAE Systems HERTI represented by one piston turbocharged engine the Rotax brand 914, four operating cylinders that provide traction in drone 100 hp, which allows the device to reach a maximum speed of flight in 250 km \ h.
A photoBAE Systems HERTI
According to 2016 year, there are five major versions of the unmanned aircraft, among which should be highlighted:
- BAE Systems HERTI-1D - basic prototype unmanned air vehicle;
- BAE Systems HERTI-1A - Modification equipped improved power ustanvokoy;
- BAE Systems HERTI-1B - An upgraded version, equipped with the Rotax engine;
- BAE Systems Fury - Combat protected version of the drone;
- BAE Systems HERTI-OC - The civilian version of the UAV used for reconnaissance.
Specifications BAE Systems HERTI.
- Length: 5 m .;
- Wingspan: 12 m .;
- Height: 1,5 m .;
- Maximum takeoff weight: 340 kg .;
- Cruising flight speed: 230 km \ h .;
- Maximum flight speed: 250 km \ h .;
- Maximum flight distance: 200 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 6100 m.
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Rotax 914;
- Power: 100 hp
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation