US Airways airline. Official site.
US Airways is the fifth largest in the United States among air carriers. Since 2004 has been a full member of Star Aliance aviation alliance.
The company is currently US Airways in the composition with its subsidiaries operates the air park, with more than 600 mainline and regional aircraft.
US Airways company has its origins in 1939 year when Du Pont brothers organized a network of postal traffic. 10 years later specialization of the company has changed, and changed e-mail transport on scheduled passenger flights.
In 1970-1990-years of constant changes taking place in the company. These years were marked by ups and downs in US Airways operations. At one time the company provided its passengers with such a low level of service quality, which even got insulting nickname Agony Air, which translated to English means Agony Air.
Gradually, the situation has stabilized in the company. In 2000 the company management has replaced all the old model airplanes modern airliners, equipped with the latest technology. However, in connection with the attacks, blasts 11 September and the ensuing financial crisis, the company had to save on everything in order to survive in these circumstances. pension plans were canceled for certain groups of pilots who had to abandon the free meals of passengers on domestic flights. Only in 2005, the company has recovered from the financial crisis and began to establish their activities.
First of all the company's management has tried to establish quality of service - again organized free meals passengers revised list of services provided during the trip, organized training courses stewards.
In recent years, the company's airplanes carried over 3000 flights daily and their number is constantly growing. However, passenger service is still considered one of the worst in the United States, and services provided on board during the flight, left much to be desired. There is no doubt pleased that the high level of professionalism of the pilots US Airwaysvsegda guarantee the safety of the flight.
To date, the company's global changes occurred 2013-February was marked by the merger with American Airlines company. Such cooperation is undoubtedly a mutually beneficial and profitable operation.
- Country Airlines United States.
- One of the largest aviation companies in the US.
- Year of occurrence airlines: 1939.
- IATA airline code: US.
- ICAO airline code: AWE.
- Airlines is a member of the alliance: StarAlliance.
US Airways (JUS Airways). Official site:www.usairways.com
- Main airports airlines:Philadelphia, Phoenix SkayHarbor, Charlotte Douglas International Airport.
- Mailing Address airlines: 111WestRioSaladoParkway, Tempe, Arizona, 85281, USA.
- City Airline Phone: + 14806930800.
- Airlines Fax: + 14806932300.
- The airline has the following types of aircraft:AirbusA319, AirbusA320, AirbusA321, AirbusA330-200, AirbusA330-300, Boeing737-300, Boeing737-400, Boeing757-200, Boeing767-200, Embraer190.
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation