Aviation bomb. Kinds. Characteristics.
Aviation bomb or Aerial bombsOne of the types of aircraft munitions, dumped from an airplane or other aircraft and separated from holders under the influence of gravity or a low rate of forced separation.
Currently used bombs, depending on their purpose are of various sizes and equipment, and their weight ranges from 0,5 to 2 000 kg, length of 10 cm to 4,5 m, a diameter of 5 to 60 see. The most common bombs weighing about 10, 50 , 100, 250, 500, 900 and 1 000 kg.
Bombs of World War II
Aerial bombs have forms: a cigar or torpedo-shaped, pear-shaped or drop-shaped. Making bombs of various shapes caused by the need to reduce the impact force of air resistance (EASY-streamlined) and the most efficient is the main mass of the explosive charge.
Stability bombs in flight is achieved by means of a stabilizer which causes aerial bomb fly head part (nose) in the direction of movement.
Depending on the properties of the goals and objectives are different bombs:
- a) destruction of angering railway junctions and stations, bridges, factories, warehouses, ports, shipyards, and in some cases shelters and trenches needed explosive bombs, which have a large destructive action.
- b) to engage manpower troops on the march, at rest and in combat, not hidden crews "and airfields most appropriate use of fragmentation bombs, giving
- a large number of fragments of slaughter; In addition to these bombs can be used chemical bombs;
- c) to create a fire in the settlements, industrial plants, factories and forests used firebombs small caliber, up from 1 10 kg
- (most thermite, enabling the temperature to 3 000 ° C, water quenching the burning thermite results not given);
- g) to illuminate the area at night action the purpose of exploring, photographing and bombing, as well as a forced landing outside an airport used flares;
- d) for the difficulty observing the actions of the enemy land and naval forces needed smoke bombs;
- e) for operations on ships and submarines needed armor or depth bombs and torpedoes;
- g) the need for spreading propaganda literature bomb;
- h) to verify the preparatory work before the bombardment, without the expense of combat bombs zeroing require special bomb sighting light weight, but having the same properties in flight as fighting bomb.
Action bombs at various targets
To secure the bomb on the plane are the bomb racks.
Recent divided into two basic types:
- a) the outer-suspension bombs under the fuselage or under the wings,
- b) internal - for the suspension of bombs inside the aircraft or in special boxes streamlined, strengthened by an airplane.
Dropping-gear - A device for actuating the lock mechanism bomb racks in the bombing. Depending on the tactical requirements bombardment bomb racks should allow a single, volley and serial dropping bombs with any interval of time between the fall of the bombs in the series.
Bombsight serve to determine with precision the moment of a possible drop bombs.
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation