AMD Zodiac. Specifications. A photo.
AMD Zodiac - Canadian single-engine light aircraft manufactured in the form of a kit for self-assembly with 1984 years.
The first development aircraft AMD Zodiac started at the beginning of the Canadian aeronautical engineer 80-ies of the last century, at the same time the plane several times reworked and redesigned due to a number of shortcomings in its design and flight performance. The final version of the aircraft AMD Zodiac was represented in 1984, after which it began mass production of the aircraft.
A photoAMD Zodiac
The fuselage of small-aircraft AMD Zodiac is an all-metal that provides enhanced stability during the implementation of flight, and also provides high safety pilot and passenger. Sam is a two-seater version of the aircraft - on board can only accommodate two people, including the pilot.
The most widely used aircraft AMD Zodiac found as a training aircraft for the training of future pilots, however, it should be noted that the aircraft was popular also from private owners, thus, marked as it is satisfactory value and very promising flight performance.
AMD Zodiac photo
Powerplant aircraft AMD Zodiac is a four-cylinder reciprocating air-cooled aircraft engine Continental O-200, capable of developing power 100 hp and disperse the aircraft up to speed in 257 km \ h. (Depending on version). Among other things, the plane AMD Zodiac able to overcome the very two longest distances to 1160 km, which is also one of the reasons for its popularity.
Control PanelAMD Zodiac
Aircraft AMD Zenair CH 600 is the basic production version of the lineup, however, among other things, also produces several versions differ not only in form and design, and aircraft performance characteristics:
- AMD Zenair CH 601 HD - Version with increased maximum vzlёtnym weight. Is an analogue of the basic version, except for the reinforced fuselage structure;
- AMD Zenair CH 601 HDS - Version with increased maximum vzlёtnym weight and a reduced wingspan. Due produced improvements, the aircraft developed a high speed despite the fact that its shape and the actual power plant have not changed;
- AMD Zenair CH 601 UL - Ultra-light version is equipped with a power plant with a capacity of 60-80 hp .;
- AMD Zenith CH 601 XL - Improved modification, equipped with a new power plant, recycled-wing, increased volume of fuel tanks and other innovations;
- AMD Zenith CH 650 - Version with extended cab and a modified design appearance. Depending on the customer's requirements can be equipped with power plants with a capacity of 100 and 120 hp .;
- AMD Zodiac XL & Xli - Sports version, formoizmenёnnym wings to improve maneuverability;
- AMD Zodiac LS & LSi - A modified version of AMD Zenith CH 650, aircraft engine is equipped with an optional plug-in power 100 hp
Currently the issue of aircraft AMD Zodiac terminated.
Specifications AMD Zodiac.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 1 people;
- aircraft Length: 6,1 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 8,23 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 1,98 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty aircraft: 350 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 250 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 600 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 211 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 257 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 1160 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 3700 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Continental O-200 (depending on version);
- Power: 100 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation