Aeronca Scout. Specifications. A photo.
Aeronca Scout (Model K) - US small-engine aircraft production, produced with 1937 years.
A photoAeronca Scout
Work on the design of small-Aeronca Scout aircraft began in the middle of 30-ies, at the same time before the aircraft manufacturers had a difficult task, which consisted mainly in the design of a small plane corresponding to modern requirements in the field of civil aviation. Ultimately, the constructed model has been very popular, technically successful and cost, which is also the main reason for the great interest among buyers in this aircraft.
On board the aircraft Aeronca Scout can accommodate only two people, but despite this fact, the aircraft of this model were purchased also by US air carriers, mainly in order to carry out flights in difficult terrain, with which the aircraft is very well handled.
Aeronca Scout photos
The main reason for the American aircraft company was able to minimize the cost of the aircraft is the use of the power plant of its own production. Piston aircraft engine Aeronca E-113 40 possessed power in hp, which is quite a bit, however, despite this allowed to reach speeds in 150 km \ h, and implement air travel over distances up to 402 km (depending on the modification of the aircraft).
Subsequently, on the basis of the main production version was created by modification Aeronca KC Scout, differ mainly in the new power plant Continental A-40 (40 hp), which was more reliable in terms of its operation, and easier to plan maintenance.
The final version of this model series, was the modification Aeronca KCA Scout, which has received more capacious fuel tanks (maximum flight distance increased to 520 km.), And more powerful aircraft engine Continental A-50 able to develop traction in 50 hp
All the production, 357 aircrafts Aeronca Scout models have been built at the same time some of them continue to operate in the present time, despite the almost 80-year history. According to official data, there were 2009 aircrafts (including several units are in museums) only in the United States in the middle of the year 73.
Specifications Aeronca Scout.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 1 people;
- aircraft Length: 6,1 m .;
- Wingspan: 10,98 m .;
- Plane Height: 1,91 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 337 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 135 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 472 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 138 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 150 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 402 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 3660 m (depending on version).
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Aeronca E-113 (depending on version);
- Power: 40 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation