Aeronca 50 Chief. Specifications. A photo.
Aeronca 50 Chief - American multipurpose single-engine aircraft, manufactured in 30-40 years of the last century.
A photoAeronca 50 Chief
Construction of aircraft Aeronca 50 Chief began in mid-30-ies of the last century, at the same time still at the initial stage of development the plane was supposed to be a multi-purpose, in particular, suitable for the carriage of passengers or cargo for transportation. Nevertheless, quite compact size of the aircraft, as well as low-power engines allow the aircraft to operate only private owners, which became one of the main reasons as to why the aircraft did not receive wide distribution.
On board the aircraft Aeronca 50 Chief can only accommodate two people - a pilot and one passenger, thus, the plane can be moved at a fairly significant distances to 800 kilometers, which in turn makes effective use of its private owners. If necessary, on board the aircraft can also carry loads and total weight (including the weight of the pilot) to 220 kilos.
As the power plant American aircraft manufacturers have decided to use a piston-type aircraft engine capacity of 50 hp, but because of the small developing aircraft speed (159 km \ h.), Later appeared more productive model, with a powerful (65 hp .) of aircraft engines.
Museum exhibitAeronca 50 Chief
Subsequently, on the basis of the basic version was created modification Aeronca 65 Super Chief, received more powerful and productive aircraft engine piston-type Continental A65, allowing the aircraft to develop a maximum speed of 174 km \ h. In addition, some aircraft designers reworked the interior design of the aircraft, making air travel more comfortable. This model was produced also in the training version with dual control, however, the flying school was used infrequently because of some features of the management of the aircraft.
The final version of the model range is Aeronca 50 Chief modification Aeronca 65 TC Super Chief, which is only slightly different from previous versions, mainly in terms of retrofitting aircraft cabin.
All the production was built about 150 aircrafts of this model, of which currently only operated by a unit.
Specifications Aeronca 50 Chief.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger capacity: 1 people (or student);
- aircraft Length: 6,3 m .;
- Wingspan: 10,9 m .;
- Plane Height: 2 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 270 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 220 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 490 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 161 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 174 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 800 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 4500 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Continental A65 (depending on version);
- Power: 65 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation