Aeronca 15AC Sedan. Specifications. A photo.
Aeronca 15AC Sedan is a small-engine aircraft manufactured by the American aircraft manufacturer Aeronca Aircraft during the period of 1948 1951 year.
A photoAeronca 15AC Sedan
Unlike all previous models, the developers of small-aircraft Aeronca 15AC Sedan task was to create a multipurpose roomy aircraft, corresponding to modern requirements of small aircraft. In the middle of 40-ies began the first attempts to create the future of the aircraft, thus, aircraft manufacturers have relied on an earlier model - Aeronca C-2, moreover, mostly it does not refer to the technical characteristics of the aircraft and to complete the aircraft.
The first flight of the aircraft Aeronca 15AC Sedan made in 1947 year, however, according to the engineers, the aircraft still required a number of minor improvements, and in less than a year later, these planes will go into series production.
Aeronca 15AC Sedan photo
On board Aeronca 15AC Sedan can accommodate up to 4-persons, including a pilot, and, thanks to the well thought-out configuration of the aircraft cabin, even overcoming the maximum distance flight, did not cause the passengers and the pilot no noticeable discomfort. In addition, the plane Aeronca 15AC Sedan could be used for the carriage of goods - the maximum mass of the payload on board in kilograms of 399 that meet most customer requirements.
As the power plant on the base version of the aircraft Aeronca 15AC Sedan used aircraft engine piston-type Continental C-145-2b able to develop power in 145 hp, taking into account the time of production of the aircraft it was quite impressive. With powerful propulsion system, the aircraft can accelerate up to speed in 224 km \ h., And to overcome the distance to 644 kilometers.
CabinAeronca 15AC Sedan
In late September 1948 years, on the basis of the main production version has been created and seaplane, which enjoys far less popular among the customers. At its core, the modification Aeronca S15AC Sedan did not differ from the basic version - the exception was only reinforced fuselage structure, and a slightly increased maximum takeoff weight.
In 2010 year, aircraft designers from Aeronca Aircraft Company presented another version related to this lineup - small-engine plane Rogers 15AC Sedan, which is equipped with a piston aircraft engine Lycoming O-360-A1A capacity 180 hp, which allows you to overclock to higher flight speeds; new means of avionics; expanded cabin space, and several altered design elements.
Specifications Aeronca 15AC Sedan.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 3 person;
- aircraft Length: 7,7 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 11,4 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 3,1 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty aircraft: 531 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 399 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 930 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 169 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 224 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 644 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 3780 m (depending on version).
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Continental C-145-2 (depending on version);
- Power: 145 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation