Boris S. Abakumov. Biography. Photo.
He was born in 1924 was drafted into the Red Army during World War II. He studied at the Military Aviation School of Armavir, at the end it was a flight instructor.
In January 1950 he was transferred to the airfield located in Kubinka, 1951, the spring as a pilot 196-IAP sent to China to participate in the Korean conflict.
In the photo on the left.
His first victory took place in April 6 1951 7.30 am In 8-ka MiG-15 composition of the second squadron 196-IAP near Tetsuzana faced 16 F-86, 16 stormtroopers escorting F-80. The brave Soviet pilots entered into an unequal battle. He came to the aid of 8-3-ka Squadron aligning position in the battle. In the end, victory was won without losses, the Americans have lost one fighter, downed BS Abakumov.
Total Abakumov personally shot down in the fighting 5 American planes. Kozhedub, Manifested in the battle for bravery and courage, presented by Boris Sergeyevich (and 5 pilots) to obtain the title of Hero. After returning from Korea 324-th Air Division of the Air Force transferred to the air defense of the country. Air Defense Command, with his usual bureaucracy postponed premium papers aside, and not allowing them to move later. It should be noted that in the Korean War and 196-IAP was in the ranks of the most distinguished regiments. Upon returning to his homeland in February 1952 years, he had on his battle account 108 victories in air battles. His loss was 24 5 and fighter pilots.
In January 1952 of BS Abakumov was shot down in a battle with a superior number of F-86, as a result was seriously wounded. Health is restored very slowly in November 1956 the reserve, his disability.
- Shot down - F-86, date - 6 April 1951, the American command data - the plane is lost, Major Crown pilot was taken prisoner;
- Shot down - B-29, date - 12 April 1951, the American command data - to this day, there were no losses;
- Shot down - F9F, date - 21 July 1951, the American command data - the plane is lost, the pilot, Richard. Bill W. was captured;
- Shot down - F-84, date - 1 November 1951, the American command data - to this day, there were no losses;
- Shot down - F-86, date - 28 November 1951, the American command data - to this day, there were no losses.
He was awarded the Order of the Red Banner (twice), Lenin and medals.
He is the author of the biographical book "The Unknown War".
He died in 1998 year.
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation